Dark places, what a simple web we weave
[html]
No problem. ;D
WC:

A rather amusing cynical look slipped onto the little girl's visage as Heath spoke of his reasons for caring singularly for the horses. If they needed the most care, why would they be able to leave and return as they pleased? Or only be trained if they wanted to? Such a strange web of thoughts the hybrid was giving the collie, and so, she decided to worry about it later. Maybe if she thought about it enough, it would make sense... somehow.

At his mentioning names of horses, Sylvie looked over to the two prancing out in the pasture, cocking her head as one of them came up to the fence. Such silly names for such strange creatures... Sylvie had yet to make sense of what Heath had been talking about before, so again, she sort of stored it away in her memory, to ponder later on. Eventually, he would say something that made sense, right?

Ears perked as he talked about a horse charging. Were they more dangerous simply because they charged? A ram could charge too, after all. Which would be more dangerous? "I see..." She said, though she really didn't. Horses didn't seem to be much different, and Heath wasn't helping too much. All he was giving her was a sense of nostalgia. These horses were turning out to be nothing more than large sheep with a slightly bigger brain. Chuckling at this thought, she imagined the roan mare with a big, fluffy sheep-skin. Silly!

Again, her thoughts were simply reinforced. Sylvie would definitely have to ask Ruri about sheep later. And now came the most interesting part of his response. He would teach her to ride once she learned how to shift... though how that would happen was a mystery to her, it was still a very fun idea, and the tyke certainly liked fun. "Would you really?! Oh I can't wait! It looks like so much fun, really..." Excitement colored her voice at this prospect. She hadn't planned on trying to herd these big sheep anyhow- they were too big. Maybe when she was older... but for now, the whelp knew that something that much larger than her was not a good herding creature. "These big things are too big for me to herd anyways- they wouldn't move if I ran into them... they'd probably look at me funny while my head would spin..." She waved back and forth like she was dizzy, to demonstrate how silly it would be. It wasn't quite a promise not to herd them, but it would hold until she felt she was big enough to try- which, with her small stature now as well as judging by Ruri's height, wouldn't happen.

"So... maybe... if you promise too?" She asked suddenly, a thought crossing her mind. If he promised, she would promise not to herd the horses, and then it would definitely happen, right? She should have made her parents promise to keep her... smiling despite these hurtful memories, the optimistic she-dog awaited Heath's answer.

Speak. Think. Walk.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread