Though the darkness breaks the light...
[html]

300+
If you want to wrap up with your post, that's fine :0

A confused look crossed the male's face as he tried to figure out a reasonable answer to the female's question. Perhaps he had not spoken remotely eloquently enough to allow for complete understanding. Sometimes he did not really know what it was he himself had said moments after saying them. It was like a river, his mind, things just flowed out with nary a dam to lessen the flow. Sometimes he watched what he said when he knew it was a good time to do so, and other times, he was about as talky as a parrot.

"Oh, no no, I had to be in lupen the whole time. Forgive me, I wasn't very clear," he apologized, hand nervously rubbing at his bangle. It was a natural instinct of his now, after it had become a comforting object in his childhood. Strel had found the thing in a box of jewelry but the leader took it from him and spread the contents amongst the higher ranking families. "We also had to act as wolfish as possible. No clothes, no tattoos, no dye," Strel said, shuddering at the thought. "No music, sewing, art, nothing." Strel always wondered why more people did not leave the pack and find better prospects elsewhere. Perhaps their ignorance had caused them to cling to the old ways despite their own genetic mutations.

The dark frown that had grown upon the redhead's maw changed to a grin once he realized he had stopped smiling. "But that's in the past of course!" He laughed, letting it echo among the trees. Strelein glanced about, wondering exactly where their walking had taken them. A better glance told him they were approaching the stables as the trees began to thin out and there was a clearing and a shadow in the distance. "Ahh...we're coming close to the stables. Hopefully your brother will be there."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread