Help me out, said the eagle to the dove
[html]
I have basically no muse :| I'm starting the Cambria/Savina thread today, will PM you the link. Should we perhaps close this one now? Also: pp'ed that the first part of their conversation ended — I couldn't find a good response :p Hope that's okay <3
Word Count: 358

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

As she expressed her opinion on life, Dawali smiled. Cambria had reached the conclusion that the bird's life was worth no less than that of wolves; it was charming, too. Many adult wolves had not reached this conclusion even though they had had years to figure it out, and here stood a young girl confidently offering this thought. Dawali agreed, at least to a certain extent. He would include another element; that of necessity, for he was a predator, and he needed to kill his prey. That was how life worked, and surely Cambria knew that too. If not, she would realize in time, but their lives and that thought could be combined, if one allowed certain additional elements into the equation. He smiled at her as she replied to his final explanation, and the two continued on in silence for a moment, soon reaching the stables.

She apologized and followed him further into the building. In fact, it was not big at all, but dense, in a way. He had divided the back into a few small rooms, in one which he kept everything needed for the spring season. Here were tools for crops, and bags of seeds to induce them. Feeling a few bags, looking for the right kind of seeds (some types were a little too big for a dove's beak, he thought), he spoke about the horse still. Seeds were not really an interesting conversation subject anyways. "My daughter Asha is very good with horses. I'm sure if you asked her one day — because you'll probably meet her — she'll be glad to teach you how to ride and care for one." Asha was an older sister; she knew her way around children okay, though Dawali had never really properly observed her with one. He had cared for Aiyanna until he became unable, and by then he was never home to see anything at all. Perhaps that was just as well that he had never seen Asha with a puppy; he probably would have felt quite old, knowing that his daughter was in fact old enough to have one of those children of her own.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread