Discontent
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... uesand.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

She was being weighed. The female’s eyes were no strangers to scrutiny, nor to the calculating gaze fixed upon her retreating steps, but she did well to ignore the emerald gaze. Her attention was instead set on the land she stood, now hearing confirmation that this was not free domain. An irritant groan seeped from between tightly clasped rubbers and with a bark akin to a sniff, she shot her head down and bit the air near her heels, angry with herself for not taking notice of the scents. But everything was so new to her, she couldn’t tell what was pack and what was the unique aroma of the field. It was all the same to her.

None the less, it was no excuse. This needed to be righted quickly.

Yet despite her want to hasten this encounter into its climax and descent, this land-owner took the next step into her own paws, offering both a name and another inquiry to better understand the exhausted female. She was caught off guard in asked of her intentions. “NO!” She barked suddenly, bracing her claws in the soft ground whilst planting a hind leg further out. An overreaction, one would say. And just as quickly as she exclaimed her lie, she righted herself again, replacing the extending limb back in formation. “Yes…perhaps. I don’t know. I’m just tired of sleeping without cover,” she confessed with a disheartened sigh. And upon her exhale, the she-wolf collapsed to her rear, draping her tail about her paws and dropping her muzzle into her chest. A sign of exhaust and defeat. She just wanted to rest and let the troubles of the past flee her mind for one night.

In the silence, she let the nightly fodder speak for her and took some pleasure in their conversations. As the sun slipped further into the earth, their voices became louder until it was all the female heard, aside from the rush of blood in her ears via the rampant beating of her heart. She made a conscious effort to keep the air opened between she and the other female, not wanting to pollute the space with meaningless words and intentions. Or at least, that was how she would have wished it to transpire. But it was not for her to say. That was not her land, nor her right to act as she pleased in the presence of its owner. If she took anything from the pack conduct of her own clan, it was that.

“My calling is Zynex (sin-x) Kosky.” She broke the silence and clouded the air between them again.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread