Discontent
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... uesand.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

As expected, her behavior was rewarded with concern and as it were, caught the attention of another native to this land. A two legged wolf to be exact, bounding toward them with more haste than the female would have liked to witness. Again, she felt the fixed gaze on her head and involuntarily, her lips quivered in irritation. She was a stranger that much was apparent, but was all this necessary? She held back the inquiry from her tongue and settled for tearing deeper into the earth; her only means of self restraint. His poor excuse caused her eyes to roll. “I don’t even know your name,” she answered honestly, her voice taking no particular inflexion. “How would I or she have called you?” Truth be told, she could have done without his presence, for as he stood, she was reminded more of her sibling in the Tundra and the subtle prejudice she held for her but would never expose. How fortunate that Nahrus was able to ascend to two legs when she pleased and Zynex could not.

From beneath her brow she cut her eyes sharply from the towering male to the still soft-spoken woman. Gevena was her name, right? Her offer visibly relaxed the bristling she-wolf and for once she was able the breath a truly relieved sigh. The weight of worry near dissipated from her face, but the hardened expression face way to the fatigue poorly veiled behind a mask of strength. She looked much older now, the true face of one nearing their fifth year coupled with the effects of a taxing life forced alone in the wild. A single night of peaceful sleep would do wonders.

“I doubt my presence would be wanted longer,” she admitted softly, rising to all fours and releasing her deathly hold upon the earth. “But I would be grateful for a night’s rest.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread