Discontent
[html]
Table by James. Sure, although it would be good ICly for Zynex to have positive interactions with Jefferson too Smile

Geneva was glad to see that a night of rest had done Zynex some good. Her eyes swept over the ice-eyed woman as she assessed her. Her body language was much different thing morning, and the tone of her voice had changed perceptibly. Geneva was glad to note these positive changes, if only for Zynex's sake. She remembered all too well the weariness of the unending road.

"Is it?" Geneva asked, half smiling. She approached the russet female, still in her four-legged form, and claimed a place to sit about two yards away. It was a comfortable distance. Geneva could see the entirety of Zynex's body, and she was also able to maneuver herself if she felt the need to. Plus, it also allowed Zynex with some space if she felt uncomfortable.

She nodded once, and began to speak. She could sit in silence comfortably, but she did not know this woman well and felt that there were things to be addressed. "I know that our interaction last night must have been somewhat...tense," she said, trying to find a suitable word. She decided that she might as well cut directly to the chase. "Jefferson will not apologize for his words or the way he acted," she said, although she was certain that Zynex had probably thought about that.

"I will not apologize for him either," she went on to explain. "Although his tone was less than cordial, he spoke the truth. And, that's just the way he is," she said, shrugging her shoulders. Geneva had grown used to him, and she valued his input, observations, and efforts. He had trouble expressing himself, but that was easy to overlook.

"Jefferson leads here, and he leads well. He's a little rough around the edges, but he is a good protector and provider. He does very much to provide for our pack." Her lime green eyes shifted across the lands for a moment before returning to rest upon Zynex again. "This is Phoenix Valley; we're a small, close knit pack. There are those of us who are luperci; I am one. We live in old human structures, but also in caves and dens as well. There's a balance in our way of life. We keep livestock, but hunt as well. We do what we can to keep each other safe and happy." Geneva took a breath, honestly curious now. "Would you tell me a bit about yourself, and what brought you here?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread