Discontent
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... uesand.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

With the new day came the chance of rebirth, a time to start anew and begin a day without worry. Or so this had come to be the female’s outlook to each day that was given to her. And in this routine, she was in better spirits. The dew of sleep still clung to her eyes by the corners but with a careful bat to either side she was able to see more clearly, even with the pale, growing light. Politely she kept her ears attentive to Geneva and she spoke of the night before even though Zynex would have liked to forget it all together. ‘I’d rather not talk about it,’ she prepared herself to say but kept her lips closed out of courtesy. But as the female went on to explain about her leader, Zyn was finding it harder to keep silent and was more inclined to interrupt and made her own thoughts heard.

“I don’t expect either of you to apologize,” she answered honestly, quietly then clasped her lips under a tight lock again. As Geneva had brought herself to sit, Zynex remained standing, perhaps waiting for her usher from the plains. She learned enough from Geneva to tell this pack of theirs was a developed one for the russet had never heard of wolves herding and keeping animals, or living in human accommodations. It sounded farfetched to her ears, but an explanation was given in a single word, dubbed Luperci. Instinctively her lips quivered as an image of her sister danced across her mind. Zynex shuffled back a step, applying more distance between herself and Geneva. Now she wondered if all the wolves of their pack were two-legged walkers.

Her hardened gaze fell to the ground as she was asked about herself, uncertain of what would be appropriate to speak of and what should be withheld. She wasn’t planning to verbalize the novel of her troubled life, but perhaps enough to give insight to her situation. “I should start with why I am here. I was exiled by my sister. She believed that because she ascended the throne of our clan I would try and steal it from her. But please let me explain why. My family…my clan is based on a Matriarchal hierarchy, but when the Alphess passed on, the elders requested my mother…our Duchess take her place. But she was old, my sister was supposed to take her place but when I was born there was a conflict. My sister and I were raised to fight each other constantly for right to the throne. We were taught to be leaders, and because of this we knew no other life. I didn’t like it, but I didn’t know what else to do, but when my sister was able to stand on two legs and nearly killed me I didn’t want part of the training anymore.

“By technicality, I forfeit and my sister took the throne. Her first act was to run me from my home two years ago. I have been trying to get back ever since, but the warriors are loyal to her, and like her, they walk on two legs and are stronger than I am. I know nothing but how to hunt.” She breathed deeply, flicking a pale tongue across her chops to lubricate them. “I have tried to teach myself other things. I have just taught myself to fish…but that’s as far as my attributes go.” She smiled faintly. “My clan wasn’t keen on teaching, rather having us learn from our own experiences. It would be refreshing to hear that not all packs are like that.” How true those spoken words.

“But if I may,” she quickly turned the attention to the dame. “Do all members of your pack walk on two legs? And is that what gives you the advantage to live in human dwellings?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread