Discontent
[html]
Table by James. This will be super short because I am sneaking it from work.

As Zynex's story unfolded, Geneva listened closely. She could tell that Zynex's sharing of her tale did not come without difficulty. She supposed that it must hurt to be exiled from one's home. She knew that it hurt to leave home, a place of love and memories. She knew that pain too well. But Geneva had not been driven away by any physical, thinking being. Geneva had left because all that remained of her old home was dust that robbed the place of any meaning.

Her attention sharpened when Zynex began speaking of wolves who walked on two legs. There was distrust in her voice, a sort of fear or dislike. She did not know Zynex and so she could not separate the two. The Savant did not wait long to answer Zynex's questions. "Many of our number can walk on two-legs; those of us who can are known as luperci. I have the ability to change my shape as well," she said. She wondered if Zynex thought of all luperci in a way shaded by negativity. She could not blame her, based on her experiences, but she would address the point anyway. "I was born with the ability to shift to two legs through my father's genetics; however, my mother was as you are. It is possible to obtain the trait in other ways. But like any other creature, I have the ability to choose my own path, to make my own choices regarding my actions."

The gray lady cleared her throat, then smiled a bit ruefully at the russet female. "I did not have many skills I thought were useful when I arrived here, although I joined a different pack when I first arrived. I could read and write; I knew stories, and I could decipher my position if I could see the stars." She recalled when she had met Savina and Naniko at the border lands of Crimson Dreams; she had been a poor excuse for a mess. "I have no sense of smell," Geneva divulged to the woman. "I was a poor huntress and could barely provide for myself. But experience was a good teacher to me. I am certain that the skills you have learned and will learn in the future will benefit you and those you choose to be with."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread