she moves in mysterious ways
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ython1.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Snake’s oversized ears flicked back at her comment, and he shifted, as if to stand. “I apologize—if you wish to rest, I will leave immediately.” When he had first come to Inferni, he had been traveling nonstop as well. It wasn’t from somewhere as far-off as Mexico, but he had been tired nonetheless, and he couldn’t imagine how she felt at the moment. At one more word from her, he would be gone—off to his own den for a night of rest.

He paused for a moment when she said that she had traveled alone, however. He looked into the fire for a small stretch of time before glancing back over to the woman. “If you were alone, then,” he asked, his voice cautious but not apologetic, “What kept you from going wherever you wanted? You could be anywhere right now, living on your own.” What was especially fascinating about her situation was that she had apparently chosen slavery. Either she didn’t know any other way to live, or she was particularly fond of servitude. Snake had always thought that destinies and fates were malleable to whatever choices and actions you made and took. He wouldn’t for a moment believe that the stars had aligned and decreed Vieira Lykoi to be a slave all her life. She had chosen to be so.

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]

Messages In This Thread