she moves in mysterious ways
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rsnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Anyone trying to discern Snake’s inner workings from his face were on a fool’s errand. There was probably not a more stoic creature around, and his face usually stayed in the same, bland expression throughout whatever meeting and conversation he had. It hadn’t changed when she had revealed she was a slave, and it still didn’t change when she said that she didn’t know where to go, so she went where she was told. Snake couldn’t judge her harshly on that, because he only came here because his parents had told him stories about this place. Going out and finding a place at random was a pretty crazy idea, he had to give her that much. He wasn’t sure that he’d stick so close to servitude as she did, though. But hey, if you didn’t know any better, what were you to think?

She shook her head to indicate that he didn’t have to leave, so he settled back down again. He appreciated the warmth of the fire on his fur, and shrugged his shoulders in response to her justifications. “I was a prisoner for the first part of my life, and I got away from that,” he said, though he wasn’t explaining that his half-brother had died in order for his mother and he to get out of New Haven. If Grey hadn’t made that sacrifice, they might still be there. Or dead. “I guess I can understand, though. Not being a slave must be kind of scary, right?” He was just trying to understand as well as he could. New Haven had not been a good place, but slavery wasn’t used there… or at least not in name. And when he was traveling with his parents, he hadn’t seen anything like that either. So he was curious about how it had suddenly cropped up here in Inferni.

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]

Messages In This Thread