she moves in mysterious ways
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... rsnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Surely if one had known nothing but slavery all one’s life, stepping outside of that boundary would seem nothing short of crazy. Snake had been thinking vaguely on Kaena and her character, and if she would actually keep a slave or eventually let her have some of her own freedoms. Snake didn’t know her well enough to guess, but he now saw that if she did do the latter option, she might be harming Vieira more than helping her. Far gone—that was a way that Snake could put it. Change would be something that would be mending several years of life, and that didn’t happen in days. Not even in weeks, or sometimes even months. Such trends were not as malleable as you could fix it quickly.

She seemed afraid to ask her next question, but it was certainly to take some of the luster from Snake. He wasn’t nearly as heroic as he wanted to be in that particular place. “I didn’t do much, actually. I was only a few months old. My half-brother, Grey, didn’t like how me and my mom were being treated, so he helped us escape.” Snake’s eyes grew somewhat forlorn. Grey had been the only Son that had been nice to him. Perhaps his only friend he had had, ever. “I don’t know what happened to him. He probably died.” Like always, there was no emotion in his voice, but there was definitely a change in his demeanor. Though he was ultimately emotionless, the few that did graze past him were very subtle.

He was in thought for a moment before continuing, his gruff voice quiet, “No, I only grew strong because my mother kept training me even after we escaped. She said she wanted me to be prepared for whatever came at me.” And he was. Patriot, even before their escape, said that he was one of the finest he’d trained. Foxhound was another, though, and that unwanted rivalry had been one of the grievances of Snake’s.

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]

Messages In This Thread