Rainy Days
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/new.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

Decoration…a display. Momentarily the female was beside herself in wonder for the woven mane. A single entity of the mass was brought to her attention as it was exhibited in dexterous paws…rather hands. Disregarding the constructed hut for a spell, she allowed her vision to be overwhelmed by the braided hair, crafted with the accents of feathers. A display of ranking, Dawali had mentioned as easily as if it were some common occurrence. And without a doubt, she believed this to be true, for what purpose did this elaborate construction of main show if not to point some rank or title? But none the less, they were beautiful to behold even dampened and weighed by the rain. “I see…” she uttered softly, her voice nearly overtaken by the patter of rain. “They are…nice.” Her compendium of complimentary words limited, she spoke of only what she knew to fit her intention; praise and admiration, even if it was to a two-legged walker, Luperci…she was reminded again.

But her intrigue was drawn again to the male’s words. Her immediate recollection of his title coursed an unpleasant chill down her spine as understanding dawned. “Chief,” she uttered, not in questioned but in recognition of the word. It equated to that of a King, a Tyrant, and Alpha, a Leader to whom she had acted so relaxed about and had not considered there was something more to his stature. Zynex averted her eyes hastily, shimmying from the Leader but a few inches to distance herself. “My apologies,” she offered sincerely though her head would not bow. The teachings of the Matriarchal pack still exhibited in the subtle defiance to the opposing gender, and yet she was not beneath display of some respect to his rank. “I didn’t mean to intrude onto your space…” And still the intensity of her voice declined, though her form remained hard, rigid…deathly calm. “Perhaps I should have asked beforehand…”

An ideal route to take in introduction, but how would she have known to call him out on his prestige ranking? All Luperci were odd to her, the few she had met and those that resided in her original pack. Their ways were strange to her, taking on something beyond he lupine limitations and collaborating something dark and fantastic to her mind as one and the same. It was…frightening, but very much intriguing. And the envy that settled in her heart began to grow. The lights of her eyes hardened, her form unflinching even as a stray bolt shot across the sky and shook the earth with a terrible snarl.

Word Count: 430

[/html]

Messages In This Thread