Rainy Days
[html]

Word Count: 607 - SoSuWriMo

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

She seemed to struggle with her words, but Dawali waited patiently. While this storm laster, while it threw its rage at the forest floor — including their little shelter — he would have her company only. He was satisfied with this; it was much better than being alone. All they could do was to wait until the storm grew weaker, and so that was what he intended to do. Thus, they had all the time in the world to think and rethink their words. When she finally did speak, Dawali was slightly surprised. She had been kicked out, even? This, he thought, was strange. She was quite polite, evnen if strange, and chances were she had not been strange to the ones she had lived with, as she was strange to him. He was silent for a moment, but concluded that she presented no threat to him. If she had been exiled due to her actions, such as violent deeds or something else that was unacceptable to them, it was not his business. Given her form he knew he could have the upper hand of the situation quite quickly if she tried any funny stuff, and so he relaxed. It was not because he thought she was capable of doing these things that his mind went to them, but it was his instincts. He had a need to always have an overview of the situation he was in, and when she offered a new element he had to take it into consideration. No, he believed she was quite safe, but his mind could not help itself but to do it anyway. It wasn't like it asked for his permission. "I see." He hesitated and wondered about asking about the reason for her being thrown out, but let the subject be. Instead, perhaps he could inform her on the packs around here. "Well, there are numerous packs in the area, perhaps there is a home for you in any of those. My tribe lies to the west, but closer to us right now is Crimson Dreams. To the east lies Cour des Miracles, a pack of hybrids and dogs. In the north is Dahlia de Mai, and in the north-east lies Phoenix Valley and Inferni. Inferni takes coyotes only, I believe, and they are rumored not to look too fondly upon wolves in general." That about summed up the total of his knowledge, and he discovered that it was full of holes. How inconvenient. Still, though, he did know a little more, for example on the individuals of some of the tribes, but it was still quite little. He should perhaps travel more and meet with some of them, to update his own information.

She promted him, and he almost felt uncomfortable enough to let it show. Why was he here? Well.. he had no good reason to be here, other than for the sake of not being in AniWaya. He sighed at himself, mentally. What an old fool, he was. "I decided to simply travel a little. I have not gone too far in this direction, so I thought I would go and see what it was like." Not to fish — no, no. This was not his goal at all, but at that thought he was remembered of Ember, and now he truly was uncomfortable. His eyes shifted a couple of times before he could let the thought go, and then he sat as he had done before again. Maybe he was just a coward who was running from it all, if only for a couple of days. Who knew? He certainly had no idea what drove him lately.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread