Runnin' with a rough and tumble crowd!
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
Hmm...how tall is Ty? I'm under the impression that 7'0 or so is 'average' since the 'normal' height range is 6-8 feet (six feet being short and eight being tall). Lemme know! Also, I hope Ty doesn't have a fragile ego!

Nikolov was the first to turn his head toward the intruder. The wind hadn't been in their favor, else he might have been the first to smell him out, too. Aivyr, who'd been in conversation with him, turned to face Ty as well. Jantus's head was being held by his sister, so he couldn't turn before she decided to let go, which was only a few moments after the initial disturbance. When Jantus did, he noticed that it was a shifted wolf, though without the wind he couldn't smell which pack he was from. Given the direction of his approach, however, it seemed a fair guess to name Phoenix Valley as his point of origin. He cocked the eyebrow of his good eye and tilted his head.

"Something we can do for you, kiddo?" The new wolf was probably considered an adult by some, but being four years old Jantus assumed he could address him so. Nikolov and Aivyr, both unshifted, were regarding the stranger intently, but they did not seem wary or concerned. The lot of them had been in Phoenix Valley themselves not long ago, and they didn't expect any hazard to be posed by one from that pack coming to meet them. It was a little odd, however, that the pack should send someone other than Jefferson--their previous liaison--to speak with them.

Nikolov, who had heard the young wolf's exclamation first and most clearly, suppressed a snicker, but after a moment he broke into laughter. He looked from the orange/white back to their leader and flicked an ear, smiling toothily.

"I think you scared him, big guy," he laughed. Aivyr and Mala took a moment, before they started smiling themselves, the coyote's laugh was infectious. Jantus was tremendous in size, and it wasn't unusual for people to have comical reactions to his girth; it was something of an inside joke anymore to document how people responded to their first sight of him. Then again, many people behaved similarly toward Mala and her sister Ranya, who were as often as not the tallest females that new people had ever seen. The four of them struck a very odd sight, ranging from the size of a coyote to that of an ogre, and differing in age from three (in Mala's case) all the way up to nine (in Nikolov's). The situation had been awkward to start, but with the laughter, the ice had been broken as far as the four of them were concerned.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread