Runnin' with a rough and tumble crowd!
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
Okay, I'll have her 'upperhanding' it a bit, and you can spring the trap in one or two posts, so to speak. As for other training sessions, you can say that Ty hung out with them a lot after this and received a fair deal of training? I can't roleplay all of it out, but I wouldn't mind him getting some benefit for down the road. Also, unless I'm mistaken, he tried to attack her kidneys from the front? XD

The youth did some odd hop over her kick and came in at the side, but it was much faster to bring her leg down and pivot than it was for him to cross around her guard. A tight guard-arm intercepted his hook, but the right hit her in the gut as she tensed her abdominal muscles. She didn't slow down with his contact, though, shooting straight for his face with her left and then following that by hooking her hand around behind his head and pulling him into her rising knee. Jantus and Nikolov winced, while Aivyr studied her posture, impressed at her level of improvement.

"Take it easy, Mala, he's only a yearling," the giant suggested, but it was no good, she was in a competitive mood, and seemingly offended that he'd try getting around her like that. It was one of Mala's flaws, and the reason he suspected that, despite her determination, she'd never be as good as the woman she aimed to surpass: she was too headstrong, too direct in her approaches. Fighters usually wanted to be flexible, not necessarily by using round-about fighting techniques, but because battle situations to evolve (or devolve, as the case may be) so quickly. When she got into a rhythm, she wanted her opponent to wade right into it, she wanted the fight to come down to blood and blows and who could remain standing the longest. Of course, this meant that the first time she met someone as eager as she was, they'd both get mauled, but for most everyone else, she ended up agitated because they favored avoidance strategies to blow-for-blow gritty determination. It also meant that if he or someone else close to her didn't watch her back in border clashes, she could get hurt very badly.

As was her wont, Mala didn't wait to see how much impact her knee had made before following with a close-elbow (courtesy of the arm which had pulled him in) and a parting short-punch from her left. She wasn't afraid to keep it at range or to let it close in. She didn't like ground fighting as much, but she wasn't afraid of that, either. Anything that could give her a release of her frustrations. She could take any amount of abuse, and mercilessly deal it out, too. She had the heart, no one could fault her that. It would be some time before she learned how much more there was to it than that.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread