Runnin' with a rough and tumble crowd!
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
For reference, Jantus's home is 'across the ocean' technically, but only because we're on a peninsula. The Pine is located somewhere around what's currently Vermont.

"I won't start slow next time." Mala replied through gritted teeth, before walking past the younger male. It seemed that she'd prefer a much different sort of fight than the one he had in mind. She wasn't a very technical fighter, but she had little doubt that she had the scrap in her to stay in a slugging match longer than he could. From what they'd seen, she dealt out the damage faster, too.

The group began off toward the nearest water sources. It looked a little funny with Aivyr being the only person out of shift, but there was no time or need to shift, so it would simply have to do that it looked awkward. Besides, if they did any unshifted training with the new guy, Aivyr would want to still be in the proper shape to take part, though it could work out just as well to use Jantus or one of the previous two again. It was clear at this point, though, that this person was atypical of what they'd heard about regarding Souls. He wasn't defenseless in a fight, especially not when confronting someone more aggressive than himself. That said, the whole affair with Mala would have been much nastier if claws were involved, but it was better that her ego be bruised than that they hurt a member of their host pack, or one of their own party get even more humiliated.

"Oh, I guess we skipped that part. M'name's Jantus; I'm the alpha of the Snow-capped Pine, off to the Southwest of here, over the water. She's Mala, as you know, and the coyote's Nik. The unshifted white wolf's Aivyr. Last two are...friends of the family? Allies?" He looked over to the coyote, who shrugged nonchalantly, like he couldn't be bothered with the semantics. Aivyr flicked an ear as a similar gesture.

"Anyway, we're here with my other sister, Ranya, Nik's mate Tanya, and four relatives to a wolf we came here to pay respects to: Skoll Axehand. We thought of him as an indispensable ally in our past dealings with him, but I guess was less important in a place like this. Guess it's why he stayed here. Anyway, no one seems to remember him, even though he only died a bit over a year ago."

"A year last August," Mala corrected, her irritation from the fight being redirected at her brother. Aivyr nodded his head in agreement. It had been him that the Souls wolf, Lubomir, had contacted with news of the warrior's death. Aivyr had been closest to him, though Mala and Ranya had perhaps revered him more. Jantus had always seen him as more of a rival, though the one time they'd fought the giant's size and power had been insufficient to trump the older wolf's skill and experience.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread