The start of something real
[html]
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb17 ... wehave.png); background-color:#ff9333; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

Table code and image © to Alaine
OOC: Sounds great! Of course I don't mind, silly. Ohgosh I love Sylvie and Cai xD Cai is picking up on some of Sylvie's french, already. I'd like for him to be able to speak it well enough when he's older :3 I noted on your profile that Sylvie has a bandanna like Alaine. Has she used the optime form yet?
P.S: Baby Caillen

Caillen, having fallen staunchly to his rear, was shocked for but a moment. As laughter spilled out from the pair over-head, Alaine rolled her eyes with patronly tolerance, and waited for her call to be answered. As usual, Sylvie's clear voice was the first to bubble forth, the sounds of her paws dashing over the wooden floor clearly audible to the waiting female. And, just as usual, Caillen's voice came next, the sound of his too-big paws slipping and sliding as they tried to grasp for a purchase more easily found by the dainty feet of Sylvie bringing a soft smile to the young mother's maw.

" I'm c-c-coming! Atten... Attendez-moi?"

Dark brown ears perked to the sound of her son's voice. His stutter was ever-present, but she'd heard him pick up on little quips of the girl's home-tongue very quickly since being enveloped in Sylvie's company. The boy's soft voice wavered uncertainly, not quite sure if he'd gotten the French correct. Though not an old dog, Alaine feared herself unable to learn the new language, and as such noted that Sylvie made quite the effort not to speak such tongue to her. Her smile grew as the pair bounded down the stairs, Caillen a few steps behind. Already, her boy was bigger than Sylvie - Though she could only guess at the girl's age, the young beauty figured them roughly the same. Caillen's wolf blood showed strongly in his size, in the size of those large paws (Which she crooned constantly that he would grow into).

" Calm down, calm down! I don't want you slipping. Sylvie, look at you. All covered in dust... Have you been tussling under the beds again?"

Her soft voice was affectionate, if not firm. With brisk confidence the she-dog swept up her new charge in one paw, set about cleaning the girl's mottled lavender pelt of the little white dust-bunnies. Task completed, she allowed the little girl to wriggle free, and took an advancing step towards her son. Aware of the embarrassment to come, Caillen deftly slipped back and about his mother, bushy plume high as the young boy headed towards the open door. With an affectionate chuckle, Alaine let him go. She'd get him later, anyway.

" Caillen, gather your scarf. Sylvie, get your yellow dress, and put it about your neck like I showed you - It's already in a knot, just hanging from the chair over there. Hurry now, before the sun becomes fierce."

Melodic voice filled the room, one eye watching sternly to ensure that the pair did as she bid. Alaine had never raised her voice, nor used violence, to reprimand either of the children - They were good kids, and did as they were told. Her own green bandanna, hanging just aside Sylvie's, was deftly slipped over floppy brown ears and settled about her nape. Though Sylvie had yet to change into her Optime form, Alaine had since decided that when under her rule, the young girl would be brought up like a proper lady. None of that tomboy, run-about-naked nonsense. Besides, winter was coming, and it often got cold out.

" Alright, come here. Quickly, now, don't dawdle. Today, we shall be catching rabbit and field mice... Caillen, stop that!"

With a sheepish grin, the young boy stopped tugging on the edge of his fraying scarf, and let his mother rap it about his neck with her teeth. Then, with a bounce in his step that Alaine hadn't seen since before the child's illness, the young wolfdog trotted over to Sylvie's side.

" B-b-betcha I can catch a bigger rabbit than y-y-you, Sylvie!"

Speak think elegant
Speak think awkward

[/html]

Messages In This Thread