all the wounds my tears will mend
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... ssnake.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">

She slowed, but did not stop—she was probably on some sort of mission then. He jogged to catch up, then began to walk with her past the borders and away from Inferni. While doing so, they conversed. She greeted him cordially, and he noticed the bag that she was carrying. He was able to guess what she was doing before she told him, so he nodded at her response. This seemed like a perfect opportunity—he would be able to find something to keep himself warm in the winter. Plus, he couldn’t on his right conscience send her to the city alone, especially if he—armed with weapons and knowledge on how to fight—wouldn’t go alone himself.

“Would you mind if I went with you?” he asked, even though he was already walking with her towards their destination. “I’m in need of similar things, and it’s dangerous in Halifax. There are wolves about, and they are unpredictable.” He remembered is brief encounter with the strange purple-eyed werewolf, and gave a light shake of his head. He had narrowly avoided a confrontation on that, but only because that wolf had let him go. He wasn’t so sure anyone would have the same good graces for a woman like Vie—they were much more tantalizing targets for predators than he was.

table credit goes to jacoby
[/html]

Messages In This Thread