all the wounds my tears will mend
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/snake.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:130px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

It didn’t surprise him that Kaena had asked much the same things for Vieira to pick up. It was getting cold, and such things were necessary. They walked in silence, and Snake noticed that the small woman seemed upset about something. She grasped at the bag that Snake had, once a moment ago, thought about offering to carry for her. He didn’t think he would offer that now. It looked as though she were clutching the thing to her as if her life depended on it. He did not question it. When he found quirks of others such as these, he never did. Just as he liked it when others did not bring his own oddities to light.

After a moment he said, “I’ve been to Halifax a few times before, and looked through many of the shops. I think I know where to go get these things.” More walking, more silence, and then he added, “And if anything else comes to mind that you need, ask, and I think I might be able to find it.” He had been identifying many of the abandoned shops and stores in Halifax, and he had found music stores, general stores, pawn shops, fabric stores, and many other such things. At the moment, he had the general store in mind. He was sure they’d keep essentials like blankets and matches there.

It was in this span of time that they had crossed the forests between the Wastes and Halifax. They came upon the city suddenly, as the forest pressed close to its border as it had grown in the humans’ absence. Snake didn’t need to be told—he started leading the way through the debris-strewn streets. After a few more blocks, he found the general store that he had come across on his first visit to Halifax, before he had encountered the strange-eyed wolf that had threatened him. It was an old-style kind of place, with wooden walls that had rotted in places. The doors were barely hanging onto their hinges. “We should be able to find something in here,” he said to Vieira. A thought occurred to him, and he continued, “Maybe, if we find extra things, we could bring them back for whomever might need them in Inferni?” Might as well help out a few more souls, right? Everyone would be needing warmth in these winter months.

table credit goes to sie
[/html]

Messages In This Thread