all the wounds my tears will mend
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/snake.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:130px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

Vieira put several handfuls of the small packs of matches into her bag. Snake thought he’d just take the whole box—as well as the whole box full of blankets—and keep them in the Landfill. He knew of places where the water couldn’t get to them, and then maybe someone else could find them and help themselves. She didn’t advance and take one of the blankets from the box, though, and he said, “There are maybe a dozen of them in this box, so you can definitely have some. I’m not going to be using them all.” He paused, looking at the box, and then got the container of matches and put it inside. There was enough room. “I’ll carry them until we get to Inferni,” he said, not picking it up yet though. There still might be something left in this store.

He glanced around but didn’t really find anything. He could hear Vieira looking around for things too, and, with a general clatter of discovery, he looked over to find that she had found the candles she’d been set out to get. When she asked, he shook his head. “No, I live aboveground, so it doesn’t get dark enough for candles.” He gave the store one last look—still nothing useful—and then looked to Vieira. “You done here?” he asked before moving over to the box full of cloth and matches. He picked it up and, since it wasn’t such a heavy load to carry, he shifted it to hold in one arm, with one edge of the box resting on his hip. It wasn’t a terrible burden at all—it’d be easy to carry back home.

At her word, he exited the store, and checked the location of the sun in the sky. It had progressed further than he had thought, and the journey home with such a burden to carry would be more difficult than coming here. They’d probably need to start back. “Our luck has run dry. We need to start heading back, or it will be dark.” And with that, he started to walk back up the street.

table credit goes to sie
[/html]

Messages In This Thread