all the wounds my tears will mend
500+
[html]
<style type="text/css">.viei b {color:#B46D94;}</style>
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vieira_stars2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:255px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

Vieira had not caught on to Snake's intention. Her expression changed and she felt silly but his kindness was a little overwhelming. Her smile was awkward and she put the rest of the candles in her bag. They were small and she felt she might need more. He adjusted himself with the box of matches and blankets and she turned away. "I just... I got something else to find," she said as he exited the store. The store, by herself, was a little scary, and she moved down the aisle. She felt under pressure since he was ready to go and she blew a long sigh, turning down an aisle. It wasn't what she was looking for but she found several jars of herbs and spices. She remembered the fish she had with Kaena the other day and how bland it had been. Kaena enjoyed it, as did she, but she had much more to work with under Astaroth's rule.

She selected a few of the containers that she recognized by their look and a few she had to smell. Next to them were packets of seeds and, as if she hit the jackpot, she picked them up and tucked them in the bag. If she grew them, like some of the coyotes at Eterne, then she would not have to come back all the time. Fresh herbs were delicious on food. After she picked the things she recognized, and a few she didn't, she moved toward the back of the store. She hated this part. Even if Snake was not around and not looking at her, she felt humiliated. She was reminded of Eris and the chain she had been forced to wear, the one that kept her tied up. She felt a little surprised Kaena was going to do the same to her.

Vieira moved in the aisle and she touched the items, bags of old dog food and toys and collars. Her ears fell back against her head and she selected one that was more chain than anything. It looked like a weird necklace. She pulled it off the shelf and dropped it in her bag. Next to it, however, was a back yard chain and with a hesitant and heavy sigh, she dropped it in her bag, as well. Quickly, after finding what she needed, she rushed out of the store while gripping her back and finding Snake. "I'm sorry, I'm done now," she murmured and stared at the ground, letting them walk and head out of the store now that they had what they needed.

She fell silent and even though Snake could not see what she had in her bag, her cheeks felt hot and she imagined him being able to see through her bag or perhaps read her mind.

Her head turned and she looked into a store window of a toy store, her pace slowing but she did not stop. It captivated her, things she had never seen before. She had not realized she had stopped as she gazed inside. When she did, however, she shook her head and glanced toward Snake apologetically and moved back to his side.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread