all the wounds my tears will mend
[html]
http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/snake.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-top:130px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom:10px;">

Kaena had seemed somewhat indifferent—and equally amused—at what Snake had asked of her, but he didn’t really mind what she thought in the slightest. As long as she agreed, which she did. He thanked the Centurion and continued back to Vieira, who was looking all kinds of nervous. If he had more properly used his ratiocination, he would have figured that she was worrying that he was telling something that she had done wrong to get her in trouble. Snake, not thinking nearly that far ahead, presented her the gift and stood, a sense of distant anticipation on his stoic features.

It took a while for any hint of joy to creep onto Vieira’s features (perhaps she was making sure it wasn’t a trap, Snake thought), but, when it did, she genuinely seemed happy. Her bushy coyote tail wagged behind her, and a smile appeared on a face that seemed nervous or afraid most of the time regardless. It was enough for the tiniest amount of a smile to remain on Snake’s face—a monumental occasion, in truth. Snake smiled sometimes, but only for brief periods of time. To keep such an expression on his face was something unusual for him.

She flipped the box open, looking at the Legos with excitement in her eyes and a grateful message in her voice. Snake shrugged his shoulders sheepishly, looking away briefly as he said, “Don’t mention it—I’m just glad that you like it.” He paused a moment, his tail flicking, before he continued, “I should probably be getting on, though. Thanks for letting me accompany you. What we found there will certainly be useful.” He stooped over again and picked up the cardboard box, looking over it to Vieira. “See you around later, I suppose?” he asked with a vague smile before turning and heading off west, towards the Landfill and his quiet home.

table credit goes to sie
[/html]

Messages In This Thread