beneath the noise
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/new.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

The mother’s kindness was a little overwhelming for the she-wolf, for her own mother wasn’t nearly this caring, to a stranger no less. But it did not fall from the female’s mind to acknowledge that Zynex was indeed a stranger. She peaked from the unwrapped bundles presented by the new mother, and smile affectionately to the wriggling things. “Indeed. I have not been here for very long…But long enough to see how beautiful the Valley is in its best…and worst times.” Her smile broadened as she looked toward the trembling door, still being battered by the wind and rain.

Her attention came to the children again, so small and squirming the she-wolf couldn’t help but giggle. They were wandering about blindly, still getting used to the unique smells and textures of the world around them. Just little entities trying to make a place in the world. Zynex slid off the chair and padded over to the bed, raising her forelegs over the edge. A little white speck had dipped with her extra weight, rolling near her large paw. The little one could fit on her paw if she let it! And they were only a few days old?

The she-wolf’s gaze bounced between the charges and their mother. “They look very….cuddle.” Did she even know what the word meant? It just seemed…appropriate given the fuzzy forms of the cubs. Zynex looked shocked with herself, but not enough to hinder her curiosity. “But if you don’t mind my asking, Xeris,” her silvery gaze lingered on the alabaster mother. “You look…young…and kind at heart. Are you the Alpha’s mate?” For what other reason would Xeris be allowed to have children? Was it not a matter of code for the Alpha to grant permission for those who wished offspring? And…didn’t the Alpha sire first?

Word Count: 301

[/html]

Messages In This Thread