beneath the noise
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/new.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

The female felt a tinge of sadness as the cub was taken from her nose, but knew it was in its best interest before she did something to harm it unintentionally. She had not been around the tiny variety enough to know how to behave, let alone how to care for them. All she knew was that they were fragile, senseless, and cuddly. She would have her own if only for those simple aspects…but her readiness to be a mother was lacking, as was skill or the essential part of motherhood; a mate. Yes, she could do without children for the time being. But none the less, she let herself enjoy the company of Xeris’s wriggling things. A sigh of content whistled from her nostrils as she watched them with care, tail swaying at leisure, calmed and relaxed. An ear twitched under the mother’s voice and soon her gaze returned to her as well.

“He seems to be knowledgeable,” Zynex agreed in speaking of her hostess’s mate. “I had hoped to take something from him, but…I feel I would be a hindrance…or rather, I wouldn’t learn more than what I could on my own.” The she-wolf learned her head on its side, glancing with a single eye up at the ceiling in thought. “But,” her brows perked after a moment’s pause, her manner of speaking altered as if she were addressing something new to herself. “I would like to learn from his diplomacy… Perhaps if he shared this knowledge…” her voice descended, lost in thoughts of the past. “…I would know how to reach my sister. Forgive me!” All too quickly the she-wolf realized her babble had taken sound. Raising her head with eyes aglow with apology she offered hastily, “I’m sorry about that. I hadn’t realized I was thinking aloud. But yes…where am I from? I hail from the Tundra far beyond this land yet as my family drifted further from the ice, I followed. They reside on the borders of the new land.”

The she-wolf kept her words clear on concise, less she wanted to start another series of rambling thoughts. “What about you? Were you born in the Valley?”

Word Count: 362

[/html]

Messages In This Thread