Snowflakes falling all around
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rioban.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The darker of the two women slipped into the water, leaving Rio's jaw agape. She knew the water was warm, but the idea of swimming in the middle of wintertime was just so strange! Her eyes were bright and curious, any slight trace of discomfort about the two strangers replaced by sheer confusion. To top it off, the one named Andy slipped into the water with her companion. Rio stared at them with her head cocked to one side, and was about to question the adults when the sound of someone else approaching them pricked her ears.

The man was large, like Papa, but his fur was a brilliant tawny. His size nearly frightened her, but his voice was friendly and nonthreatening. She smiled at him; he looked at her as he said some large word and then "new," so she figured he was talking about her. Her little tail wagged, periwinkle eyes darting from wolf to wolf. "I'm Rio!" she exclaimed; the only name she had been given was the agouti fem's, "Andy." Mama had told her that it was polite to introduce oneself. At least now all of them knew her name. "I not gets in the water. I donno how to swim." Her tone was one of disappointment. She wished she could swim, now that she saw what a valued and fun activity it was. "I's just sit up here, yes?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread