tactical espionage action
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /rp/s3.png) no-repeat center center;">

Halifax was but a distant place that Hezekiah had only heard of. Since his abrupt arrival near Inferni, he hadn’t left its safety but once; even though the creatures he had seen outside of it were enough to keep him from stray too far. But the premise of venturing out with someone who had seemingly no qualms at all about doing it, especially someone who struck him as well-versed in travel as Snake was, ended up being hard to pass up. The two had set off as nothing more than a pair of rangy coyotes. Four feet were always faster to travel with, something Hezekiah could not deny, and it hadn’t taken them too long at all to find themselves encroaching in on an area that distinctly smelled of others. Dahlia de Mai, for what it was worth, had quite an extensive border.

And unfortunately for both of them, they had smelled it from miles away. It was then that Snake had started to speak, his gaze almost unseen as Hezekiah squinted into the distance to distinguish anything strange from the woods around them. When his companion did the same, it was then that Hezekiah pulled his gaze from the purchase of land ahead of them and peered back behind them, briefly mulling over decisions. When he looked back, he found those olive-eyes finding his and in them, a certain excitement that told him he was playing with fire.

“I guess it couldn’t hurt,” he answered, ever the slightest wag in his tail for a moment. “We shouldn’t get too close though, I wouldn’t be surprised if those wolves aren’t every bit as territorial as we are, if not more.” No one in Inferni was particularly fond of anyone within eyesight of their borders and Hezekiah did not think that the wolves would be that much difference. Especially when it was with some disdain that they wouldn’t be able to distinguish a real solid line either — their borders were diaphanous and short of visual markers and a strongly marked whatever here or there… they had no pikes with heads glaring.

Yes… they certainly were playing with fire.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread