tactical espionage action
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /hezt5.png) no-repeat bottom center; border: 1px solid black; font: 12px/16px georgia; text-align: justify; color: #5B2E1E;">

True, the only gauge they’d really have about the territory was to skirt all of its borders, but Hezekiah didn’t think they’d be wise to do that. Dahlia had to have been a formable group to have covered so much ground so many miles away from where they no doubt originated, but he also thought of them like Inferni. Most of Inferni was centred in the caverns that lied in the heart of the territory; he presumed Dahlia de Mai was no different. “Well, if you still wanted to show me Halifax, I guess we should probably keep following the borders until we can get away from them.” They couldn’t—rather wouldn’t—cut through the territory. They were young, but certainly not that foolish.

And as it were, it seemed that they weren’t particularly observant either, but maybe that was to be expected. Inexperience played much into the favour of the wolf that had started closing in on them, though at the rate in which he closed was (and would be) more of an alert to even the less experienced listener. Though it took a moment for Hezekiah to find the burly wolf charging at them from the woods, he bristled the moment they met eyes. But he didn’t quite get out of the way either, caught off-guard by the whole instantaneous surprise and the electricity that brewed deep in the blue eyes of the Dahlian.

He was the less experienced fighter compared to Snake and though he stood stock still for what was probably two seconds too long, instinct overrode the shock and dread in a flood. Hezekiah shot off to one side, uncertain whether or not he would be clear out of the way of any reach or grab the wolf would make, though it was certainly in his sights to put trees between them. Getting said wolf between him and Snake would certainly make things much easier to handle, though this was much different than hunting prey.

Neither one of them knew who they were dealing with.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread