A time for combat: the Weaver and the Night Prince
The Weaver watched and waited as the next stage of her creation unfolded. It was with great dismay that she saw dreamers dropping from the weave...it was the dark one, his choices had been made poorly. Slowly but surely, the lifelines he had snatched began to twang arhythmically, before fading from the tapestry and returning the dreamers to their sleeping bodies. First it had been the king, then the rogue, and now the giant. Only one remained, now, contested by three of her own choosing. The demon had slain the child, as she had intended. The sweet taste of the child's death flavored her cup, curbing the sting of the Prince's betrayal...or was it incompetence? Regardless, she set her thirst aside long enough to draw the Prince out of the dreamframe, his line powerfully thrumming between her fingers...his anger infused his being, and he flew out of the dream in a wave of blackness, his lunar eyes shining brightly down into hers as he rose to his full height.

"Why have you removed me, witch?! I was not yet finished...I had only just begun!" His tirade was cut short when she indicated the dream frame with her slender forefinger. He saw now that three of the threads had fallen away, all threads of his choosing. Only the soldier of God had remained within.

"I did so to permit battle between the princess and the traveler. I cannot drink of your efforts, Night Prince, and I don't intend to let you enjoy the traveler's pain alone. Your soldier will face my demon. That should be sufficient nourishment--and entertainment--for both of us." Her expression was flat. She was greatly displeased that he had complicated and damaged her creation...there would only have been four to start, but she didn't approve of this chaos...having four dreamers who remained until dismissed would have been far more to her liking. It was now a marred work, and its success was subject to the whim of wakefulness. The Prince grinned toothily.

"Indeed, it will be enough. A soldier of heaven goes out to meet a monster of hell. Yes...I had not predicted this matching, but I think I will enjoy it. Let us see if my choice can not overpower your own. Let us watch the winner of this fine contest, Weaver, and be content with the result." He was ever confident of his selection...the others may have faded away. He did not think that the soldier, driven by the Word, would.

Messages In This Thread