Grave of the Sunflowers
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... wtable.png); background-position: top-center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
because Jacoobie wants it, it will be priority

A light feeling of slight relief when the blond admitted to liking all manner of jokes, since Strelein was certainly not in the right frame of mind to be making good ones. Whatever was causing this would hopefully fade, but it was a rather nice thing to know that the other would not fault his frame of mind at the beginning of a friendship where first impressions were quite important. However, there was no point in making the other aware of what was going on in his mind; they were not such close friends just yet. Strel shook his head a bit, unsure of just how the two instruments sounded in harmony. Perhaps it was not entirely that harmonious. "I don't know how familiar they are, since I haven't heard them played together." There was a question that was still lingering in the redhead's mind, and had been for a few moments. But it was more of a question that he could not really direct right at Daisuke with ease. It was entirely a question for his own self. Choosing to finally address it, lavender eyes shifting right back on the blond, he said, "We should try jamming one day. I wonder what would happen. Maybe we'll scare some animals out of hibernation." Strel chuckled at the thought. Maybe his jokes were starting to improve the more time that he spent sitting there with the new acquaintance. "And I really had no choice since I couldn't read those books that taught little children to play." The temptation had been too great to simply put down the instrument and leave it be.

He did not feel obligated to really correct the other since there had been no need to tell anything about himself to Daisuke. If the other asked, he would answer, since it was not something that the redhead hit from anyone willingly. There was no shame to be had, not here, when everyone seemed to have their own strange quirks. Most of them were far from the things he had seen in his home. The weirdest thing there had been a couple of painted marks on fur, and most of the leaders tittered at that as well. Had Strel told anyone, even his close friends, he would have been ousted and he probably would have been banished or forced to 'feel the correct way' from then on. Needless to say, he was thankful there was none of that here, or at least, none of it was part of the ruling elite's agenda. Apparently there was more acceptance here than he was used to. Strel was surprised he was not more off the walls here than he already was. Maybe the ability to do so lessened his desire to be obnoxious and as loud as possible, both figuratively and literally. There was more uncertainty hanging in the air about this blond though. He seemed quite accepting and caring, though he wondered to what that extended. Cocking his head with a snigger, the redhead grinned at Daisuke. "I don't think anyone can mistake you for average, or, normal." Nothing wrong with being different. Nothing at all.

The accent was slowly being ignored by the redhead, who was getting used to the quirks of the other male's lingual patterns. It seemed this place attracted people with many accents. He himself felt he had no accent, since it was so common back home, varying from the few he had heard outside of his pack. There were probably several different types back in Cour des Miracles alone! Where did everyone come from? Why did they flock here like birds in the winter flying south? Daisuke seemed more than a little bit happy at the thought of Strelein giving him the chance to actually wear a pair of pants. Boy, he knew the feeling. No article of clothing was off-limits to him, though he did drop the ball short of wearing a dress. Laughing, the male waved his hand nonchalantly. "Nothing of it. If you give me them today, I can fix and bring them for you in a couple of days." His offer was freely given, since he could just as easily have refused the blond's request. Besides, he had offered to do so from the start, so he might as well be kind.

Eyes wide at the words, the redhead lurched forward, leaning toward the blond. "But you were on an island. Surely you had to know who was on it!" he exclaimed, looking very interested in the drama of the other's birth home. "And why didn't you leave with your siblings? You could have stuck together and had an easier time!" Strel would have loved to have been able to convince his siblings to come with him, but their lot in life was just fine where they were. They would not budge and the redhead left his ancestral lands with nary a soul to share the journey with. At least Daisuke had taken part of the way with his family, though the redhead did not know when and where the two had separated. "What happened to your sister? A difference of opinions?"

Sighing, Strel fell over to his side, resting his head on his hand with his elbow jamming into the solid earth. He watched the intriguing blond through lavender eyes. "Well, I guess it's good you're here. Otherwise I may have just been bored today on a walk in the cold." He beamed at Daisuke, laughing. "Adventures here are certainly better than anywhere else, aren't they?" How he agreed. In a short amount of time, he had made plenty of new friends who did not feel the need to lecture him about this or that or remind him that some things were forbidden. There was liberty here, freedom. There was peace, to a degree, and it was simply wonderful. War was everywhere, fighting too, but Strel could avoid that well enough by now. As much as he had once loved the land, the land itself mind, of Michigan, there was simply more to love here than anywhere else.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread