envy on the coast

[html]
http://i48.tinypic.com/n66ogz.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-top: 155px; text-align: justify;">

Strelein would be correct to assume Snake’s smile very elusive—it was indeed a rare occurrence, and he as often surprised when it appeared a well. He did not exactly have a very good sense of humor, and what he did have was often misplaced and somewhat odd. Irony was usually the thing that brought upon his amusement, and it was usually the bad type of irony. Regardless, it must have swept away some more of that strain between them at the beginning—if the occasional grin was what it took to make the wolf trust him as a coyote, it was what he would do. He didn’t want that kind of stress existing as they spoke; if it wore off on him, he might get restless.

The question about Inferni was strange—nice, how? Snake liked it alright, but this wolf might be used to places that were a little more… idyllic. “That depends on what you think is nice. Inferni is plain, forests and coastline and rocky wasteland. But it is safe and it is home… so I suppose I do believe it is nice. It is inhabited by coyotes and hybrids of them that want peace. We are peaceable… if not provoked and if left alone.” He did not divulge points of interest like the mansion, the landfill, the caverns, or the hot springs because he wanted wolves to believe it was the most boring place in the area. That way, they would not feel the need to go beyond those skulls that marked the borders and investigate. No matter what, Snake did not want meaningless death. He would prevent what he could.

What the redheaded wolf said about the ocean was somewhat fascinating—he supposed it was the same ocean, as these lands were situated on a peninsula… he thought. He usually did not really designate one body of water from another as maps and globes did. “I’ve never thought of it like that…” he murmured, looking out to sea. He was being truthful—it certainly looked the same as the ocean on Hades Coast. It was somewhat disappointing, though Snake shouldn’t have expected any different.

Another smile flickered across his feature as he re-used his words, murmuring that they could practically mean anyone. “I have met many wolves out here. Some have been very nice to me, others not so.” Daisuke had ended up being a good friend, but Lolita and Andante had attempted to attack him. He had a pretty shaky record for meeting wolves, so he usually stuck to Inferni regardless. Today was an exception, and he was thankful who he met was nice enough.

Cour des Miracles—the name was definitely familiar. Daisuke had mentioned it; he said that he had met a few friends from there, and that it was a nice place. “It’s far away, isn’t it? From what I know, Inferni has no problem with them. Our enemies are closer, and they are older packs. I have heard good things about Cour des Miracles, actually.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread