envy on the coast
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... horses.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
565 SSMW

The last words in his description of Inferni's lands uttered by the coyote seemed to be a form of warning to the redhead, who had always wondered what the big deal was with the pack. He did not know about the warning skulls at the edges of the territory, though those would have been enough to dissuade him from every stepping within a hundred feet of the place had he known. Though this coyote had given him a word of caution, and Strel fully intended to take the advice and stay away. It seemed that the lands themselves were as scenic as the rest of what the entire area looked like, though Snake had kindly failed to divulge of any supporting details. The way it sounded, wolves were far from welcome on the Inferni lands. Coyotes and hybrids did not sound like the wolves were included in their 'happy little family'. No matter, Strel was in Cour des Miracles, and that was far more than the minimum he needed to enjoy life.

Strelein turned his head to look where Snake was gazing himself, watching the waves lapping at the rocky shore. "I never saw a map of this place, so I could be wrong. But it just seems so hard to be likely two different oceans. The land between isn't that big from what I can tell." His attention shifted back to the coyote, smiling apologetically for possibly having changed what Snake thought previous on the water around the lands. Despite the prospect that the sea was the same on all sides, that did not stop Strelein to appreciate its powerful mass, knowing that being at ease at the wrong time on or in it would mean death by drowning or by hypothermia. The currents could be strong enough to drag a creature far beneath the surface to a bleak fate. There were things to love, but that singular trait of the sea kept the redhead from ever wondering too far out when wading. He was a land wolf and the sea did not sing out a siren song to him.

There was that smile once more, sneaking by in a moment and disappearing in another. "Isn't that the same that could happen to me?" There was not a single hint of malice in his words, knowing fully well that it could happen with any species. Some were just a few bricks short of being a sturdy wall sometimes, so he had really meant coyote, wolf, hybrid, or dog. "I just have been lucky enough to meet the nicer people who don't really want to 'play' with me." Of course he meant play with his insides, not the other sexual connotation, though Strel supposed both were pretty bad.

Nodding, the redhead smiled at the coyote when he mentioned that he'd heard good things about his pack. Strel was starting to regard the place as his home more and more as time went by. It was nice, though now he had to elaborate more whenever he mentioned his old home. "I've heard nothing bad about the pack either, though truthfully, I have heard....unpleasant things about Inferni," he said, giving off a guilty look to Snake, hoping not to offend the stranger. "Though that's really just rumors to me, isn't it?" he said, hasitly trying to compensate for what he had previously said to the coyote.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread