envy on the coast
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... horses.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
excessively late

Strel shrugged at the coyote's comments. Certainly wolves seemed to be the majority here, for this area was a very common place for them be. Few coyotes could say they originated here unless they were born here in the past five to ten years. It seemed that they were truly more southern creatures, so that explained why the redhead had been surprised to find himself a coyote. He himself had as much before directly to Snake's face, as devoid of truly discernible emotional as it was. The redhead winced slightly, realizing he had not be clear enough with his previous statements. "Oh I meant in general. Perhaps find a mad wolf. Or I could piss of a coyote, either way. I feel the chances of either are about on par to the other." Strelein let off a nervous laugh, rubbing at the back of his neck, letting his fingers muss up his wavy hair. "I seem to be coming off as anti-coyote, don't I?"

If the coyote Snake was surprised at the way Strelein mentioned his affection for the Cours, he certainly did not show it at all. He wondered what people thought of him with such little facial expression. How did people know what he felt? How would they know not to steer a conversation in a certain direction or did everything just not affect the other male? Perhaps that was a good thing, but the redhead could not imagine himself living like that, with his smile absent and his lavender eyes flat. Strel gave a slight shudder at the thought when he realized he had not done it mentally as he had hoped to have.

"Well that's a good stand-by to go with. I mean, I bet there are coyotes who would attack wolves on sight, just like there are wolves who see a coyote and instantly go into attack mode. Though I think if there will always be someone against the other, fighting is inevitable," he said, shaking his head with a sigh. Strel was simply thankful they could not cause massive destruction like the humans had been able to. He had heard stories that they had explosive things that could kill millions at a time with a single bombing. Wiping out civilians of an enemy land seemed excessive. Of course the survivors and their children would grow up bitterly angry or even just with tendencies to disagree with the attackers. Such things only caused problems. But these coyote-wolf rivalries seemed to go back more than a few decades. "You mentioned having met some very nice wolves, who were they? Or one of them, or whatever."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread