envy on the coast
It's all good. :3 539

[html]

From what Snake knew of his grandparents, they had been there long enough, and they had all been coyotes. His maternal grandparents had been of Russian descent (though I don’t really know how that would happen realistically, but going with it!) and had settled in the dense forests of Newfoundland for several years before his mother had come along. He didn’t know as much about his paternal grandparents, but he was sure they were from the general Canadian area as well. They might not have been here originally, but they were beginning to get used to the different climates up here. That was clearly evident with all the coyote-wolf hybrids that ran amok in Inferni. Ironically enough, the clan had so very few full-blooded coyotes, and its entire leadership was made out of mixed-bloods.

Snake blinked slowly as Strelein refashioned his comments—though the red-headed wolf must have felt bad for not phrasing badly enough, Snake felt pretty badly for not understanding correctly. “Oh,” he replied dully, nodding. “Yes, if you think about it that way, it is pretty equal. It doesn’t even really matter what kind of species one is from, if they are aggressive enough to attack strangers.” His mind flashed back to the pale-furred woman with the fiery red hair that had attacked him for no reason, and the wolfdog in Halifax that had threatened him for just coming too close. He shook the thoughts away, also responding to the wolf’s question. “I wouldn’t think so. But even if you were, I think you might have reason to be. Sometimes I feel myself thinking negatively on wolves as a whole, though I have several friends amongst them.” Well, several was basically, like, two.

He was not exactly the friend-making type regardless. No one could get close to him, and that was partially because there was nothing to get close to. Snake functioned off of instinct and basic thought. Emotions and deeper philosophies were completely shrugged off, locked away deep inside with the key lost. If he didn’t show any outward emotion on his face, it was because there was nothing there. It was creepy to many, his stony tranquility. Others found it intriguing. Others found it simply useful.

The green-eyed coyote nodded to what the wolf said—he found sense in the words, and he was somewhat grateful he was speaking to someone who was more of a realist than an idealist. Coyotes and wolves fought—that was that. Sometimes he found himself becoming short with those who preached for understanding, harmony, and peace. Those people obviously hadn’t spent any time observing how the world really worked. Luckily enough, Strelein seemed intelligent enough to understand things as they were.

When the Cour des Miracles wolf asked him whom he had met and befriended of the lupine variety, Snake paused before answering, “The most obvious answer is Daisuke, if you have met him. We have become good friends, over the months. Also, I met a woman named Naniko D’Angelo in the Phoenix Valley pack nearby. She was pleasant, and allowed a clanmate and I to come inside the borders and have a look around.” All the other ones had attacked him and threatened him, as mentioned before.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread