the place where the sidewalk ends
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... nsban2.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
awesome! XD awwww, Haven's going to feel like an arse for making her cry :c 300+

Haven hadn't been able to control his reaction. The news had been so unexpected and come from such an unexpected source that he hadn't had the chance to even think about how his reaction would affect the small girl that was his younger sibling. He couldn't understand why he hadn't found out about this before now and the only explanation seemed to be all the reasons he had feared all those months ago. He had thought that Naniko hadn't wanted him, had seen the man who had raped her every time she saw him, and this all seemed to be confirmation of that. She had gone off and had a litter that she wanted and without any pups that looked like that man that she must hate so much. Lost in his own thoughts and raging emotions he didn't notice the change in Rio at first. For a moment, he retreated into himself in an attempt to stop all of the hurt and the confusion, but of course it didn't work. When he finally looked back at the small girl, guilt poured over him like a frigid drought.

He opened his mouth to answer her first question, or at least attempt to, when the second one hit him like a punch in the gut. The tears pooling in her pretty lilac eyes were perhaps the worst thing he had ever seen. He had made her cry. He had made his little sister cry. A guilty whine came from his throat as he quickly stood and walked over to her, his nose nuzzling the top of her head, tongue licking her ear. "No, no Rio, that's not it at all! I'm lucky to have such a sweet little sister. Please don't cry. You're not the reason I'm sad." Haven had never felt so awful in his life. He needed to be more careful with the way he reacted around pups because it was so easy for them to take things the wrong way, as Rio just had through no fault of her own. "I'm sad because Naniko didn't tell me about you. I didn't have any idea that she had had you. And...I don't think she really wants me. I don't think she ever did..." The Aatte male sat down next to his little sister, his head hovering above her own, hoping that she would understand that he wasn't sad or upset with her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread