i claim there ain't another saint
sure thing!

[html]

It was a shame that Legacy loved the beach so much: it was a love that seemed bound to get her into trouble, and already had. She thought she knew the house he meant, too. She'd seen it from a distance, and wondered whose it was. Seemed selfish to her, for the coyotes to have taken it from his old pack; lives were built in places like that and to lose her own den would have been devastating. Jaded Shadows had to be strong for more reasons than one, she realised, and then she wondered if perhaps she was too weak - not just physically but mentally - she did not wish to hurt others. Not since her more reckless puppy days had she fostered a liking for violence or revenge. Did Valentine enjoy fighting? So many wolves she knew here were peaceable, at least to her mind. But peace could only be kept through defence, sometimes. No doubt Syemv hadn't been entirely peaceable, but where was it now? Was he all that was left?

"What makes them so different to us," she wondered aloud, but it wasn't really a question, indeed almost a grumble. "I can't go anywhere without feeling afraid that they'll be there first... Even my friend among them, Empusa, admitted they liked hunting wolves." Perhaps it was because they were so similar that they threatened one another's very presence. She would have been happy to live and let live, but this approach just kept getting her in trouble. With a sigh of exasperation, she rose to her feet. "I think I'll go and see what my sisters are doing." God forbid another day spent alone, after such morbid thoughts, and sooner or later Valentine would have something better to do.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread