i claim there ain't another saint
Thanks- I remember drawing Akumu for you a few years back. I wonder if I still have it! XD

[html]
Though still childish in her appraisal of such things as metaphors, Legacy felt somehow deep down that the wind and unsettled feel of the morning fitted the pack's circumstances fairly well. Most trees stood with only a shudder, and some felt it more than others; bowing down before the might of the breeze. There was no way to articulate this though, and no one to do it to; but just as she thought that she heard a voice. Luckily it came from the still depths behind her, else the wind might have drowned out the syllables. Not that they were wholly intelligible to the girl as it was. She suspected the wolf was speaking of the death of the Beta, but it didn't seem right to ask bluntly if this was so. The weather was a safer topic.

Then she realised she didn't know the speaker, and turned to peer at him through the dimness. She did recognise him, but no specific details came to mind. He wasn't that other black male, Lucifer, and he wasn't Kieran either, so he was a mystery. As much as it felt natural to her to be meeting a greater variety of wolves than just her family, she wondered if she'd taken the exploring side of things a little too far sometimes. She would be a packwolf too some day, but there was learning and then there was getting into trouble. Not that this wolf was trouble. She was sure he was trustworthy. Else he wouldn't have been allowed to join the pack. Right?

"I've never seen wind like this before." The girl fidgeted a little; solemnity didn't agree with her, though she felt just as sombre as she sounded. "How do the birds stay up?" The question burst from nowhere, and the minute she'd asked it she was searching for something less trivial, less aimless. "You know my mother Fatin, don't you?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread