And If I Only Could
[html]

<333 Libri is Santa! Big Grin Pretty Kiritar to match my pretty Anu table! Happy holidays, love! 300+

Good manners appeared to be a thing of past generations. Good Samaritans were also a rare sight; so infrequent that she couldn’t remember the last time someone had offered to help her with anything. The Dreamer had every reason to be baffled by her proposition. Hesitation was made clear, if not by her perplexed expression, then by the first sounds to escape her maw. Alexey braced herself for rejection; ears pulled back in sheepish fashion. Obviously, not everyone was accustomed to this kind of encounter. But the Acer’s discouraged assumptions were all for naught. Her interlocutor’s voice spoke words of compliance, ultimately accepting the offer.

Honey-hued orbs trailed the woman’s delicate fingers as they took hold of an item inside the bag. The Koios girl noted the fabric’s softness first, not immediately realizing what the piece of cloth was. “Sure,” she replied, holding both of her arms out. Their gazes intertwined, and Alexey returned the smile with a slight wag of her tail. There was no reason for her to feel anxious, but she couldn’t help it. Her attention riveted to the blanket in her hands as her fingers lightly brushed against the cushiony material. “Pleased to meet you, Anu. I’m Alexey,”

Blankets seemed practical enough. The Caregiver already had a few back home, but most had succumbed to Emwe and Conor’s puppy wraths at one point or another. But the boys were all grown up now; responsible young men. Surely, she could spoil herself by acquiring new linens. “Are these gifts for your family?” she finally asked, wondering if they had a friend or two in common. Lexey took a few eager steps forward, indicating to Anu that she could start walking again. They had quite a ways to go before reaching Crimson Dreams, and she did not want to delay the silvery-hued femme any longer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread