Newbie - need some critique and advice
This will be my first active character at Souls and I really want to do this right and thoroughly. I don't think in all my years of roleplaying I've put this much thought into a character. (Which is rather pathetic). I'm a bit unclear and unsure on a few details, so I was hoping people could come along and give their opinions and perhaps create some plots with me. I also really want to improve my writing, as it has slipped over the years and I really tend to over use commas.

Name: Vin Furia - The name is directly inspired from my one of my favorite movies, Chronicles of Riddick. Nothing all that relevant to the In Character part, just thought that was a cool fact I'd throw in his profile. I also have multiple inspirations for his personality, history, and upcoming talents.

- I am not sure if I want him to be younger or start off as a puppy. He has a very well developed personality and set ways about doing things. However, I want him to be able to grow and really develop some strong relationships. For instance, I want him to learn about being a medic and using herbal medicine. I also would like him to learn how to be a guardian and some basic skills with a sword. I would like him to know from the start how to read and right, given that was main focus of his clan and Iro taught him many proverbs and sayings. If that sounds too ambitious, let me know. As for the age issue, I just picture a younger wolf being mentored and shaped the way I would like him to be. So should I start off as an adult or a puppy? I'm leaning more toward a puppy. That may mean I need to modify his history a bit.

Birthdate: Will be decided once I hammer out the age issue.

Appearance:
-This is where I get a bit confused. I do know what I want him to look like when he is finished growing and maturing. Should I just post this in his profile or should I ask someone to help me calculate his current stats? I want him to be of medium build; sort of in between muscular and lean.

The stats I've calculated when he is done growing:
Lupus:
-Weight: 105 lbs
-Height: 31"
-Length: 66"

Secui:
-Weight: 175 lbs
-Height: 37 inches
-Length: 206 inches

Optime:
-Weight: 200 lbs
-Height: 7.2 feet

-Vin is a gray wolf with a white on the underside of his muzzle, chest, and under carriage. Between his eyes and the upper part of his muzzle is a faint dusting of brown. He has a splash of black down his back to the base of his tail. More black appears at the tip of his tail (which is other wise completely gray). His eyes a deep, rich golden brown, like his mother's. His voice is warm and gentle, despite his detached nature. He has a scar from his right ear to his upper right eye due to a devastating throw from an angry optime.

Personality:

Vin was forced to mature at a very young age. His abusive puppy hood at the hands of his stepfather caused him to distance and then ultimately detach himself from his emotions. His behavior is guided by logic and emotion suppression. His caretaker, Iro encouraged this to spare the boy any more traumatic pain. Iro taught him to meditate and provide service to others. He loves to lay quietly by and observe others. He is an excellent mediator due to his ability to look at things strictly objectively, however his nature has caused him to have no close attachments or relations to others. Due to his period of isolation from his family, he does not know loyalty or clan life other than what is instinctualy ingrained. He was supposed to be taught the art of medicine and swordsmanship, however his caretaker died before he had the chance to start.

History:

Vin Furia is the third born son of Renee and Simon Furia of the Fiery Eclipse Clan. The clan was formed when his father, an avid star gazer and spiritualist was able to predict the rare solar eclipse, thus winning the admiration and adoration of his followers. Renee gave birth to three sons, Ivan, Riley, and Vin. Unbeknownst to the happy couple, a darker clan of wolves coveted both their land and their fair leader, Renee. Denali Adonai, the clan's alpha, particularly coveted Renee and her beauty. They were able to launch a successful attack and dethrone the ruling pair, thus taking over Fiery Eclipse. Renee promised her love and loyalty to the new alpha on the condition that he spare her former mate and her three children. He reluctantly agreed, but at a terrible price. Simon was demoted to Omega with no chance of rising the ranks. The three children were abused and not allowed to socialize or play with other clan members. Renee, distraught by her situation, secretly visited the children when Denali and the others left the mainlands to hunt.

Denali, a great hunter and strong leader, however discovered Renee's treachery. She was severely punished and her children also paid a harsh, physical price. Poor Vin was thrown from the den where he hit his head on rock, splitting it open from his ear to his upper right eye. He is extremely lucky that his skull was not shattered. Iro, the pack's elder was horrified by Denali's violence and rescued Vin by secretly dragging his body away and nursing him back to health. His family, overcome by grief, presumed their third born was dead.

Iro could not bring himself to rejoin the clan after Denali's display of violence, so he never returned Vin back to his mother or his family. Vin suffered from blood loss and memory loss. His childhood memories became blurry and incomplete. It did not take long for Iro to realize the boy was suppressing his emotions. Unable to bring himself to tell the young boy of his family's fate, Iro encouraged the boy to learn logic and forget about his past.

Vin flourished under Iro's teachings, however his mentor was old and of poor health. Vin's last memory of his teacher was his dying wish: to learn the arts of healing and guardianship and that he must never look back. To come back near the place of his birth would surely spell the end of logic and knowledge for him. (I am not sure how long it has taken Vin to travel from his birth place to here, I guess that would depend on his age.)

Relations:
-None currently on the board

Mother: Renee Furia - A solid black wolf with a white patch on her chest. She has deep golden brown eyes and is of medium build. Her personality is fairly relaxed, but she has a very strong set of values and code of conduct. She was looked on has a fierce, but fair pack leader. Always deferred to her long time mate and father of her children, Simon Furia.

Father: Simon Furia - A large gray wolf with fierce green eyes. He was very large for a Luperci, his optime form topping off at a nice 225 pounds. Also a wolf of traditions, he was far sterner on the pack then his mate. However, he always tried to rule with a fair paw. His greatest flaw was being quick to anger and harsh on punishment.

Siblings: Ivan and Riley Furia.

Ivan - 1st Born and completely sterling gray, he resembles his father. He has a medium - large build. His eyes are the same fierce green. Incredibly angry and resentful, he is what many consider to be out of control. Due to his abusive puppy hood at the hands of another tribe, he defies authority and does not trust anyone. Aloof, he spurns any closeness as he fears this could lead to further harm. He strongly resents his father for losing control of the clan and hence revoking his birth right as future leader. He believes his brother, Vin, is dead.

Riley Furia - 2nd born. Riley his blackish and grayish all over. His face is black with his father's eyes, although body wise, he resembles his smaller, more petite mother. He was once gentle, but he is deeply saddened by his family's defeat. Particularly since his mother must suffer at the hands of a cruel forced mate ship. Stern, yet quiet, Riley tends to show leadership qualities with his quiet, yet assertive demeanor. He also believes his brother, Vin, is dead.

Luperci: All family members are Luperci Ortus

This is what I basically have to start with. I also have a few more questions:

1. To reiterate, I was wondering if I should start him off as an adult or puppy? I'm leaning more toward puppy. I am also perfectly willing to modify his history if need be.

2. Is it possible to find a medic and a swordsman to mentor him? Is there any thing I can read to learn more about these arts considering I don't know much about them? I've always been very curious.

3. Should I modify his stats to be his current size?

4. Is there a section in the RP guide about Inferni?

Any help and critique would be greatly appreciated!

Messages In This Thread