waylay the din of the day
[html]

--

cradle me in your crooked heart
Once Tsunami had subscribed to that train of thought as well. Didn't matter, because he wouldn't live long enough to know anyway. It was different now; the future, as they said, wasn't inherited from one's ancestors, it was borrowed from one's children. Funny how hearing himself called Father had changed his life so much, and forever. Materialism was the devil himself; the constant search for something greater. Ambition, it can give life and take it away. Even whether curing disease is a positive thing is debatable. The weak are supposed to die. The Earth Mother kept a careful watch over that certain harmony. It was an important thing, maybe the most important thing.

This place indeed bred madness. It was an asylum and a prison simultaneously. I crave freedom, but whenever it finds me I crave the routine and everything else I've left behind. It's a game nobody can win. And a cruel game it was, at that; though in his heart Tsunami knew that Fate and Time were merely doing as they were suppose to, it made the living the victims. What mattered, perhaps, was how well one dealt with it. It's about balance, he added. The gray wolf had been raised with the primitive backwards ideals of the New World, and had never seen cities in their full majesty and splendor. He was the wolf's version of a Native American, strong, proud, brave, ultimately helpless under the pure destructive intent of technology and advancement. The road to hell was paved with good intentions. The Earth Mother watches over us and tends to our needs as much as that balance allows her to. We throw off that balance, that harmony, the affinity for that which gave us life, and we will die because compared to it, we're expendable. I think that's why I keep coming back. Though there is death and madness, though this place is an asylum of sorts, there is a certain balance to things. And his pain for all that he had lost was ultimately a complete necessity. It was the way of life, and sometimes it was only the knowledge of that which had kept him sane. What drew you back?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread