Setting off...don't expect to see this place again
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... bott0m.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:240px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#252237">
Alright, thinking that this is the place to wrap-up? Thanks for threading, btw, I feel like Tay's the only one who both knew him and liked him XD

"Well, thank you for sharing." He concluded the discussion with a brief nod. It made sense, he supposed. If Skoll had wanted credit for warfare, he wouldn't have lived here in the first place. It made sense that he hadn't said much of this to anyone hereabout, but it did mean that both sides were left wondering about how he was on the other side. From the sounds of it, he lived here as peacefully as he could (though Jantus imagined--given Skoll's views on the world--that this wouldn't mesh well with what most considered peaceful) and only ventured out when he felt there was need. As far as the giant knew, that had only been on two occasions: for the war, and then later to put down another cult which fit the same description. They hadn't been the same group, and their neighbors hadn't yet developed the fear of them which the Shadow Priests had commanded, and Skoll and his allies had done their dirty work and received only hostile glances and reprimands in turn. Never mind that sacrifices had been taken already. Never mind that lives had been at stake. Still...from what he'd heard, the gold wolf hadn't reacted as strongly as his friends...it seemed that he'd received scorn for services rendered before.

"It's been suggested to me by a mutual friend, Aivyr, that Skoll got this way because of some mistakes he made early on...compensating, I guess, or learning too strong a lesson or some such. I guess it's water under the bridge, though." He looked backward to where he knew his company was behind the trees. It occurred to him that there were a few who would value knowledge on the matter more than he would. His interest had been narrow...but there were a few who may want to hear just about anything...even if there were only random anecdotes.

"You know, his kids came here with us. I'm sure they'd like to meet a friend of their dad's, and an old alpha of the land to boot!" His smile emerged anew. "They're a year old now, not really pups anymore, but they might still benefit from a few words. If you want, I can take you back there to meet them?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread