this was never the way I planned, not my intention
[html]
TELL ME, ARE YOU FREE, WHEN THE FEAR FALLS ON YOU?

Libraries were generally useless things to Andante. It was always rows up on rows of books, filled with endless information. Maybe if he had taken the time to learn the skill of reading like countless other Luperci had done, he would find some sort of good in the books. As it was, he only held disdain and disinterest in the tomes. His meager skills only allowed him to spell his own name, and he was content with that. He got by so far without any literacy skills and he saw no reason to pick it up now. Instead, he found other ways to make the libraries a little more useful. Often he scavenged through them, and on days when he found himself particularly too far from home for his tastes, he used the buildings as impromptu shelters.

Today was one of those days. Dante had spent the better part of the afternoon lounging upon one of the tables tucked into one of the corners of the building. He stirred from a particularly peaceful nap and found himself simply staring up at the ceiling, thoughts empty. Unexpectedly, he sat up, peering around cautiously. He could have sworn that he’d heard the sound of footsteps within the building. Dante slipped off the table, baseball bat in hand, and ventured toward a cluster of bookshelves. He could smell a fresh scent nearby, and his curiosity began to grow. He slowly stalked his way to the source of the scent, determined to remain unnoticed for as long as possible. He glanced down a few of the aisles as he went, and when he spotted the stranger, a grin broke out onto his features. It was a young woman searching quietly through one of the shelves. He stepped down the aisle she stood in, grin still on his face. “Hey there, girly,” he called loudly. “Whatcha up ta?”

OH, TO BREATHE IN FIRE, AND KNOW I'M FREE
[/html]

Messages In This Thread