this was never the way I planned, not my intention
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... biix-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
SoSuWriMo 335

It took a good deal of searching, but finally she seemed to have hit a bit of a jackpot. There were quite a few books on the subject of herbal medicine. Some of them looked really, really old and so she made an effort to find books that seemed to be the most recent. She had no idea if the information inside would have changed all that drastically, but it seemed that the most recent information would be more reliable than the older information. Cambria pulled out a book with a (somewhat) shiny cover and carefully flipped it open. The pages were large, and detailed, and better yet they had pictures. At that stage in her study of the healing property of plants the illustrations of the plants would be the most helpful. Then she could learn what they looked like and sift out the plants that she had collected that had no use to her studies.

The Marino girl was under the assumption that no one else was inside the large building. She hadn’t smelled anyone else, and hadn’t heard anyone else either. Her guard was completely down and her senses weren’t on alert to keep track of anything unusual. All her focus was on the books that she had come here to obtain. Tucking the first book she had found into her bag she pulled a heavier tome from the shelf and began to flip through it. Unlike the first one, this one held no pictures, but she didn’t discount its usefulness. When a voice shot through the stagnant air though she gasped and the book fell to the ground with a loud snap. Oceanic orbs looked up to find the dominating figure of a man coming down the aisle at her with some kind of thick stick in his hand. Ears plastered against her head and her heart waivered. “I…I was j-just looking for some b-books…” The way he was grinning at her was completely unsettling and Cambria was becoming quite scared.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread