this was never the way I planned, not my intention
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... biix-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
SoSuWriMo 442

Cambria cowered, waiting for what she thought was inevitable. Whoever she had just run into would be angry and attack her and that would be it. She didn't know how to defend herself, she wasn't strong. She was just a weak, scared little girl and it wouldn't take much effort from anyone to bring her short life to an end. A soft whine was pushed from her throat as she heard the other canine move close to her, but the touch that came was not what she had expected. A gentle hand stroked her hair and for a moment her trembling ceased. Cautiously she removed her hands from her head and looked up to see the figure of the person who was comforting her instead of assaulting her. Her fur was light, like her father's, but the most striking thing about her was her fiery red hair. Cambria had never seen anyone with such hair. Was she an angel? She had to be something close for being nice to her after she had ran into her like that.

Nose sniffled as she watched the older female pick up her books, apparently helping to gather her things that had been scattered all around. That was nice of her, but right now the Marino wasn't really concerned about the things she had collected. Her heart still beat rapidly against her chest, like a frightened bird's. Her body continued to tremble, but not so much out of fear now as out of shock. She had never been so scared in her entire life, not even when her accident with the white powder had happened. Searching comfort she leaned into the other girl, desperately searching for that sense of security she needed. It took a few moments for her thoughts to stop racing and for her to find her voice and even then it was shaky. "I w-was in the library, l-looking for b-books. This man s-startled me. He was b-big, and had this s-stick thing. He was g-going to hurt m-me."

The retelling of what had just happened made her eyes sting with new tears and without even thinking she threw her arms around Lolita and held her tight, afraid that the scary man would show up and snatch her away. "I didn't do anything! I just wanted some books!" she cried out. Cambria couldn't understand why he had wanted to hurt her. She never wanted to upset anyone and yet without doing anything he was going to hurt her and maybe even kill her. She wanted to be home. She wanted her mommy and daddy, but she couldn't leave right now. She just couldn't.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread