this was never the way I planned, not my intention
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... biix-1.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
SoSuWriMo 439

Usually she would not have been so open to a stranger, would not have been so close, but at the moment she needed comfort more than anything and Lolita was giving it to her. Right now the older female was her life jacket and she was clinging to her with all her might. If she let go something horrible would happen, she knew. The man would burst through that door and drag her away crying and screaming. He would beat her and he would leave her to die alone in the cold city away from everyone and everything that she loved. She couldn't imagine a worse fate, but Lolita was a shining angel who had come to protect her. Her kind manner and bright coat and hair would keep the monsters away. They wouldn't take her away as long as she were here with the older girl.

As Lolita stated that her heart was beating fast Cambria whined and nodded her head in recognition. It was beating so very fast and part of her was afraid it might explode. The only other time it had ever beat like that was when she had accidentally inhaled that powder and her body had been thrown into overdrive. This wasn't quite as horrible as that had been, since it was her own body that had facilitated the increased heart rate, but it was still frightening. When the hand pressed against her chest she felt a soothing warmth fill her and her heart began to slow its frenzied beating. Cambria wasn't thinking about the possible sexual nature of that touch, having never come close to experiencing any kind of physical intimacy before. It just felt good to have Lolita so close to her, holding her. Feeling Lolita's head lean on top of her own and her arm on her back only made her lean further into the contact, loving the comforting warmth it gave her.

The older canine would not have needed to say those words, for already in her heart Cambria knew them to be true. If Lolita had wanted to hurt her she would have already. She would have pounced on her the moment she had run into her. But she hadn't, she hadn't even been angry, she had immediately moved to comfort her and so Cambria knew that she was a good person. "I know," she said softly in response. It then occurred to her that she had not said her name. She didn't move an inch from their embrace, but spoke with a little more volume. "I'm Cambria." Now they both knew each other's names, and that was good.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread