Of cabbages and kings
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... yu/ice.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top;">

ooc:

Organization was in silence, for with the acute sense of the caribou, unnecessary noise was sure to be rewarded with the failure of the hunt. And with the growl of empty stomachs, not much longer would they be able to maintain their cover. The very scent of the quarry driving their stomachs to sing the praises of the meal to come.

There was little time to waste.

Predatory instinct drove the russet deeper into the overgrowth, body poised closer to the ground as she edged closer to the gathering scent from the left flank of the herd. It would not serve them to attack head on, not with the multitude of large antlered beast guarding their precious young. From a distance to them, she halted hastily drawing back toward the two females and taking to Naniko’s side. Her voice lowered to a hushed tone, still her stature remained aligned with the ground. “Perhaps we should divert their attention?” She offered, having a sense of the stupidity of massed beasts. “If one were to weave through the herd, they would be temporarily frightened, just a moment to send them into a panic.” With a toss of her muzzle, she gestured to the lining trees then again toward the opened field from whence they came. “They would run for the trees…but we can herd them from them. All one would need to do is frighten them and wait for their guard of the little ones to drop. We would only need one for the three of us! They break for the trees…we herd them into the fields, snatch a young one and the prize is ours.”

Zyn was delighted by this plan even if it was a hastily concocted one. A similar technique had been used on a prior hunt and had been quite successful, so there was no reason for her to feel it would fail this time. All they needed at this time was precision and determination…

Words: 327

I'm thinking about something... Be quiet when I talk. I'm just wandering
[/html]

Messages In This Thread