torn inside
[html]
380 words <3

There was noise outside, and she tensed until the scent wafted in. Haku. Her heart fluttered a little at the thought. He was such a good leader, and he was here to visit the child that they had created, together. Tokyo hadn't really expected it. She didn't look her best, but at least she was skinny again. There was a bit of a mess, but most of it she had tidied up when scooting the corpses away from her nest, from the two living children. He spoke, then entered. She really wished she had had time to brush her fur, or something. But honestly he probably wasn't here to see her, no matter how much she thought the world revolved around her.

Haku's question confirmed her speculation. "The one who is going to live, yes." Tokyo said simply, happiness leaking into her voice. "He's big. Strongest in the litter, stronger than any in my previous one as well. I'm going to call him King, and I'm sure he'll grow up into a wolf to make us proud." She cleaned him again, smoothing the puppy fur as he continued to suckle fiercely, drawing nourishment from his mother's skinny frame. The girl wasn't even trying, so hard was she focusing on the very act of breathing itself. Tokyo nudged the poor thing closer against her, trying at least to keep the little thing warm for the duration of it's surely brief life.

There really was something different about this litter. Both involved unwanted conceptions, but the difference really must have boiled down to who was the father. Raphael was a scum bag, leading her on then forcing himself on her. His children had been irreparably flawed. The three that died surely wouldn't have turned out any better than the two that lived. Princess, a sloppy thief consumed by the terrible poisonous influence of her brother, and Buttface.. Ugh. He was just terrible. But this child. With a father like Haku.. Yes, Tokyo had been forced to sleep with him. But the cleverness of how that had come about! It was a deception she could appreciate. If this boy had even half the talents of his parents, half of their good looks.. She was just so damn proud to have participated in his creation.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread