don't mind the cameras, please.
[html]

Word Count: 385

The bronze hybrid nodded as he filed her name away somewhere deep within the catacombs of his mind. The significance of "Colibri" was lost upon him--this girl's grandmother had been before his time in another place. Outside of Inferni's major bloodlines, Anselm was truthfully oblivious beyond the Marinos. He recognised her surname as a tribute to her sire, and he wondered briefly why the titles were not exactly the same. Was his assumption faulty? Perhaps she was only a cousin of the demon, not so direct a relative. Or perhaps she was that close in blood, but didn't wish to be in mind? He could only speculate and the subject was quickly dropped from his mind--it was irrelevant, anyway.

At the mention of her tail, the girl's slight stutter seemed to grow exacerbated. Anselm frowned inwardly as he contemplated all possible scenarios that might end with a partial loss of the appendage in question. A hunting accident seemed unlikely; it had to have been ripped off by some sort of predator. Still, he couldn't imagine what Colibri could have possibly done to anyone to tick them off so much that such a punishment was merited. It was impossible, he decided--such a thing could never be justified for such a passive and mild-mannered girl. Damn, you get in a fight with a bear or something? he wondered--that a wolf may have done it made no sense.

As for what he was doing he offered a slight shrug. He certainly didn't find the question unreasonable--it was just that he didn't have a very good answer for her. Just hangin' out. I've got a few friends around here and I was gonna see if I might run into them, but if Savina's busy with the pack or Ghita's busy with the kids I don't want to badger 'em, he explained, casually dropping in the two names to justify his presence (not that it seemed particularly necessary). Guess you could say I was looking for some good company, but I've already found some, yea? he added with a charming smile, though it was not particularly flirtatious as much as amiable and good-natured. He didn't think he was done with this young woman just yet and he didn't want to upset her or scare her off.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread