don't mind the cameras, please.
[html]

WC: 346

Anselm bobbed his head merrily at her suggestion. That works for me! Don't really know any Zana, though, sorry, he said. Although he knew many of their pack members, he hadn't met or spoken to all personally. The girl had been a member upon his return, but she'd vanished before he'd had the opportunity to fully reintegrate into pack life. The only way he might have heard of her was through Ryan... but regrettably, his daughter hadn't been around much following his arrival either. When they had spoken, their conversations focused on Valkyrie more than anything.

He promptly forgot about it, however, more troubled by the implications of Colibri's words. What? It wasn't an accident? he babbled, eyes first widening in surprise then narrowing in suspicion. I can't imagine you doing anything to upset anyone to that calibre, he remarked, tone matter-of-fact and genuine. The scout figured you'd have to be some sort of psychopath to get so mad at this mild-mannered girl, much less to the extent that corporal punishment was in order... Oh! Well, at least anyone sane, he grumbled, the pieces already falling into place.

Anyway, don't you sell yourself short like that, he suggested sternly. I'm sure this place is a fine upgrade from Dahlia, but there's no reason it should have cost you. That vile man just seems to want everyone else to be as wretched as he is, but in no way is that your fault or responsibility, he concluded, the words a bit bold, but--as far as he was concerned--very necessary. He couldn't blame her for wanting to fly the coop and if Haku couldn't see that his madness was driving them away it was his own damn fault. That he'd turned on his own kin was sickening. Urf, he sighed under his breath, Is there anything you'd like me to do? he wondered. Now that he'd come here, stomped around her home, and dug up all this nastiness it seemed like he owed her something--even if it was just keeping his mouth shut until the time was right.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread