special guest star
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">
@&#&$The gears in his mind were spinning in overdrive, grinding together so hard that he was starting to get a headache. Then suddenly everything clicked into place: "Oh!" he exclaimed lightly, "So you're not Kaena's daughter, but maybe one of her sisters' children or something?" This seemed a likely solution and he felt foolish for not considering it sooner. He didn't really know if Kaena had siblings (if so, he hadn't heard of them), but in his mind this was the only explanation that could possibly make sense. Given that his connections to Gabriel went super far back in their family tree, he supposed it was silly to think that Kaena was the first and only branch of the Lykoi line.
@&#&$His features softened when she mentioned that her mother had passed on. "I'm sorry to hear that," he said, but guilt kept him from saying much more on the subject. Almost all of his children had never known their father--he liked to tell himself that losing a mother was worse, but it was really just a way of justifying his own irresponsibility. He'd left them high and dry without a provider, and he didn't know too many males that were keen on raising another wolf's children. Some of the women he'd bedded with belonged to packs, so presumably they were provided for, but he knew that the majority of them did not. That was another strike against them, maybe--what pack wanted to take on so many hungry mouths and dependants?

@&#&$"I haven't seen either of my parents in at least three or four years now; I still assume they're kicking along somewhere, though," he said, knowing full well that "somewhere" may have been hell on earth. "So you're from... somewhere further south, I take it?" he wondered, finally picking up on the fact that she seemed to be "shivering." She was of a smaller stature more customary for their southern relatives--he knew because his mother had been much the same. "This place is pretty barren, but I know a few spots to get out of the wind at least," he offered with a smile.

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +358
[/html]

Messages In This Thread