special guest star
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... s/truc.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:187px; background-position:top center; background-color:#F8BB4D; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#AB360D; line-height:15px;padding-bottom:10px;">
@&#&$She claimed that she was alright, but it didn't take a licensed therapist to read into that devoid expression and see that not all was fine and dandy in the world of Vieira Lykoi, the coyote who held no blood ties to the Lykois at all. Anselm understood the need for family and clung to some rather abstract connections himself, but he'd never forsaken his own identity in the process. He identified with a number of the Lykois as if they were his in laws. Although such terms seemed nonsensical when used to describe (distant) "cousins" with whom he shared no blood, the sentiment felt right and so he would stick to it.
@&#&$Needless to say, the slight tawny woman was clearly perturbed about something. People that were "okay" didn't skulk about, twiddling their fingers and avoiding all eye contact--even though staring was impolite (and approached taboo), most creatures at least stole a few curious glances or looked up every so often to indicate that they were paying attention. He wasn't sure he believed her at all, and his mouth had opened to state as much when she tacked on a quick, insightful remark about Kaena. His mouth shut again and he considered this, resolving that her actions now made much more sense.

@&#&$Naturally he could not know her concerns were rooted in some demented issue that essentially embodied Stockholm syndrome in its rawest form--he assumed they were simply altruistic in nature. After all, Vieira had stated she lived with the scarred Centurion. Anselm thought it was natural to be especially concerned with the well-being of anyone an individual was in close contact with, and it was difficult to get much closer to a person than sharing the same quarters with them. He would certainly be upset if ever he sensed unhappiness or distress in Alacrity--he probably wouldn't bother hiding his own anxiety over the matter, either.
@&#&$And so, his features softened and he offered her a sympathetic wag of his tail as any prior frustration dissipated with the sharp January breeze. "I must admit I haven't seen her much lately, other than to talk business," he confessed, thinking back to when he'd found the two Germans on the border, one seemingly right after the other. He'd mentioned Cotl's idiosyncratic brother to her before rushing off, and she'd shown up during his interview of Fritz, but she'd seemed largely normal at the time. Maybe he wasn't paying enough attention? "Let her know if she wants to talk, all she needs to do is give me a call, yea?" he asked her, not really knowing what else he could say on the matter. Surely Kaena knew the whole clan had her back if she needed them--if something bad happened she'd tell them, right?

mall-caps;font-weight:bold;text-align:right; border-top:1px solid #AB360D">SoSuWriMo +465
[/html]

Messages In This Thread